Aerospace aluminum is an ultra-high strength deformed aluminum alloy, currently widely used in the aviation industry. It has good mechanical and processing properties, good plasticity after solution treatment, good heat treatment strengthening effect, generally has high strength below 150 ℃ (even higher), good toughness, is an ideal structural material.
Compared with ordinary aluminum alloys, aircraft aluminum alloys have higher requirements on strength, hardness, toughness, fatigue resistance and plasticity. Due to the light weight of aviation aluminum and the significant effect of lightweighting, it has replaced steel and occupied the current dominant position of aviation materials. Aviation equipment has high requirements for aluminum materials, which is an important high-end application market for aluminum materials.
There are many types of aluminum alloys used in airplanes. Aluminum alloys for aviation aircraft structures in countries around the world are mainly high-strength 2 series (2024, 2017, 2A12, etc.) and ultra-high-strength 7 series (7075, 7475, 7050, 7A04, etc.), and some 5 series (5A06 , 5052, 5086, etc.) and 6 series (6061, 6082, etc.) and a small amount of other series of aluminum.
Aerospace aluminum is mainly used in wing skin, wing truss, upper and lower wing spars, webs, fuselage truss, seat rails, keel beams, side frames, fuselage skin, lower fuselage Wall panels, main floor truss and other parts.
- Hard aluminum: aluminum magnesium copper alloy. Aluminum alloys are widely used in the aviation industry. Commonly used 2024, 2A12, 2017A, good strength, toughness, fatigue resistance, good plasticity. Used to manufacture skins, bulkheads, ribs, etc.
- Super hard aluminum: aluminum zinc magnesium copper alloy. Commonly used 7075, 7A09, high strength limit and yield strength, high load, used to manufacture the wing surface skin, beam and so on.
- Anti-rust aluminum alloy: commonly used aluminum-magnesium alloys 5A02, 5A06, 5B05. It has high corrosion resistance, fatigue resistance, good plasticity and weldability. Used to make mailboxes, oil pipes, etc.
- Forged aluminum alloy, commonly used 6A02, high hardness and good corrosion resistance. Manufacturing engine parts, joints, etc.
- Cast aluminum alloy with small specific gravity, high corrosion resistance and heat resistance, manufacturing engine case, etc.